31st of August / 1st of September 2019
-> with a seminar on Friday, 30th of August 2019
-> presented by Kim Youngsam (8d) and Manja Marz (4d)
– 5 rounds MacMahon
– drawing according to EGF rating
– handicap reduced by 2
– Japanese rules
– 1 hour basic time
– progressive Byoyomi (10 stones/5 min, 15 stones/5 min, …)
– 7 Komi
– in case of being late at your board: clocks will be started by a tournament official 5 min after pairing announcements
– after 15 min, the game will be declared a loss for the missing player
– a tournament officials will try to find a new opponent for the waiting player in order to avoid that games are decided by default
– pre-registration possible here until 18th of August 2019
– when participating in the tournament, you take note that results and photos will be published online and registered at E.G.D. (European Go Database)
|Without pre-registration/reductions||25 €|
|Pre-registration until 18.08.2019||-5 €|
|Member of a national Go federation||-5 €|
|Reduced fee (student, trainee, pensioner, unemployed)||-5 €|
|Children under 10 and players weaker than 25 kyu||0 €|
|Seminar on Friday, 30.08.2019||0 €|
|Breakfast on Sunday||3 €|
17:30 arrival possible
11:30 Registration closes (accounts fro pre-registered players, too!)
12:00 1st round
15:30 2nd round
18:30 3rd round
10:00 4th round
13:00 5th round
Price giving: as soon as possible after round 5
(expected around 16:00)
1st place: 200 €
2nd place: 150 €
3rd place: 100 €
20 € each for*
1st place „Women“
1st place „U18“
1st place „Students“
1st place „55+“
1st place „1-9 kyu“
1st place „10-19 kyu“
1st place „20-30 kyu“
Hebsacker coupons for 4:1 und 5:0
– best newcomer (never played a tournament before)
– youngest participant
– furthest journey
– consolation prices for 0:5
– Tsumego marathon (see below)
– Tombola: for every defeat, a lot with your name is added to the pool (max. 1 price per person)
* Notes about price giving
– „1st place“ means the one player who reached the best place within the overall standings, participated in all 5 rounds, and won at least 3 games.
– If there is an overlap (a player wins in more than 1 category), the price of the category mentioned further down in the list will be given to the 2nd place of this catergory (we want that as many participants as possible will gain a price)
-> Example: Player A becomes 1st place within 2 categories: „students“ and „1-9 kyu“. In this case, player A gains the price for the best student but, in the category „1-9 kyu“, the 2nd place gains the price money.
Private accommodation possible but limited (definitely pre-register until 18.08.2019!). Please bring sleeping bag and sleeping mat along with you.
In other respects, there are two youth hostels and several hotels and pensions in Jena. They are all easily accessible with public transport or by foot (about 30 min from the tournament site to the city centre). You can contact the tournament committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help with bookings etc.
Similar to the last years, we’ll have a lovely self-made buffet, where you can get buns, salads, cake, and snacks for a small contribution towards expenses. Around noon, we will also serve a warm dish.
Your physical well-being is guaranteed 🙂
On Sunday, there will be an all-you-can-eat breakfast featuring coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and buns.
If you want to participate, please get a coupon during your registration for 3,00 €.
Specials and side events
We welcome Kim Youngsam (8d) and Manja Marz (4d) from JIGS as our special guests this year. On Friday at 18:30, they will give a seminar for all Kreuzschnitt participants arriving on Friday. The seminar is mainly tailored towards kyu players but dan players are welcome to attend as well. The topic has yet to be revealed. Participation is free of charge but you are welcome to donate towards supporting JIGS and the tournament.
Catering for the evening will be simple: Buns for self-service.
Once again, we have lots of Tsumego problems for you. The aim is to solve as many problems as possible. There will be prices for the most solved problems in three different groups: double digit kyu (DDK), single digit kyu (SDK) and dan (DAN).
Card and board games (other than Go):
A big box with card- and board-games gives perfect opportunity to overcome the gaps between the rounds and have some fun! 🙂
Lena Gauthier: email@example.com
03641 / 346 39 28
0157 / 303 918 99